“A WOMAN WHO FEARS THE LORD
is to be praised.”
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a churchwide organization whose membership is open to all women. The members are women who choose to participate in and be supportive of the organization in any way. PW intentionally seeks the membership of women from all racial – ethnic groups so that the organization may reflect a vision of the whole church as a community of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness.
On the first Tuesday of every month, individual small groups, or Circles, meet at 10 a.m. at the church in their rooms. The evening Circle meets at 7 p.m. in the church parlor.
On the third Tuesday of every month, PW all meet as a group at 10 a.m. in Warren Hall for a special program and a meal.
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN PURPOSE
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- To support the mission of the church worldwide
- To work for justice and peace
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
- Specific food donations for each month to collection bin in the Activity Center
- Perea Preschool volunteers
- Project Outreach bin is located in Activity Center for food and clothing for the needy
- Threads of Love meets in the sewing room the second Tuesday of most months @ 9:30 am
- Cooking Ministry meets as needed in the Activity Center kitchen to prepare casseroles