“A WOMAN WHO FEARS THE LORD
is to be praised.”
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a churchwide organization whose membership is open to all women. The members are women who choose to participate in and be supportive of the organization in any way. PW intentionally seeks the membership of women from all racial – ethnic groups so that the organization may reflect a vision of the whole church as a community of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness.
Due to COVID-19, PW is not meeting onsite or in person yet. The Bible study Circles meet using Zoom. If you want to get involved, email Moderator Nancy Halter here.
Typically the PW groups meet on the first Tuesday of every month. Individual small groups, or Circles, meet at 10am at the church in their respective rooms. The evening Circle meets at 7pm in the church parlor.
On the third Tuesday of every month, PW all meet as a group at 10am in Warren Fellowship Hall for a special program and a meal.
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN PURPOSE
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- To support the mission of the church worldwide
- To work for justice and peace
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
- Specific food and clothing donations for Project Outreach are being replaced this year with financial donations in order to support this charity the best way possible during the pandemic
- Threads of Love meets in the sewing room the second Tuesday of most months @ 9:30 am
- Cooking Ministry meets as needed in the Activity Center kitchen to prepare casseroles